Thanksgiving is a time to gather with friends and family and give thanks for the blessings we have. Whether it’s the family you were born to or the family you have chosen, when family gets together there will be food.
Turkey and stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, sweet potatoes, cornbread, and green bean casserole are all traditional Thanksgiving dinner dishes. The side dishes may vary from year to year, but there are always plenty. And let’s not forget about the pie – pumpkin pie, pecan pie, apple pie, or sweet potato pie, with a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream. Yum.
Thanksgiving and the following holidays are filled with food, family, and friends. Gatherings large and small tend to congregate in the kitchen and serving food is a symbol of love and welcome. A snack before or after traveling, a toast to the season or occasion, hearty meals and an abundance of leftovers fill the holiday season.
When families and friends gather ‘round, and travel takes us across the country or around the world, schedules shift or disappear altogether. During the holidays eating patterns may shift and selections may vary from what we consume on a day to day basis. It’s hard to say no to treats we’ve loved since childhood, or meals that remind us of a different time and place.
We all know we should limit our portion sizes, alternate water with alcoholic beverages, fill up on vegetables first and eat off a smaller plate. But knowing something and doing it can be two different things. No one wants to pass on Grandma’s family recipe or your favorite Aunts homemade dessert.
Whether over-indulgence or a change in your routine cause digestive upset, you want an effective, natural solution. Native Remedies® offers a wide selection of products to support healthy digestion.
For those whose holiday enthusiasm causes acid reflux, Native Remedies® recommends Acid Free-Flux™ to relieve heartburn, indigestion, and discomfort after eating.
- Relieves acid reflux after eating
- Alleviates burning and indigestion
- Reduces digestive discomfort
- Soothes lining of the stomach and esophagus
When your holiday meal is too rich and digestive bloating and discomfort are making you uncomfortable, try Native Remedies® Gallbladder Dr.™. This homeopathic formula relieves indigestion, bloating and gas after eating.
- Relieves pain in the stomach and gallbladder
- Relieves indigestion, bloating and gas
- Assists the natural gallbladder function
- Relieves abdominal discomforts after eating
- Promotes the flow of bile
To promote a healthy digestive system and metabolism with balanced intestinal flora, Native Remedies® developed Candidate™. This all-natural herbal supplement helps promote normal pH levels in the body.
- Effective natural probiotics for a healthy balance of intestinal flora
- Promotes balanced probiotic flora and normal levels of Candida in the digestive tract
- Supports natural systemic balance to avoid Candida albicans overgrowth
- Promotes healthy digestion and metabolism
- Supports normal energy levels and vitality
The Native Remedies family wishes you a happy and healthy holiday season!
BY MARY ELLEN KOSANKE